Been a busy week, but I’ve collected a few items for your enjoyment. Make it a great day!
Despite the irrational opposition of the NRA and gun loons, a Maryland gun dealer plans to sell “smart guns,” firearms with an electronic chip that can only be fired with an accompanying chip-implanted bracelet. The bullies and thugs in the NRA crowd have intimidated yet another small business owner trying to sell safe guns as an option for those who don’t want their toddlers killing their siblings.
• If you live in California, New York, Arizona or Oregon, congratulations: you can now get a no-hassle residential rooftop solar system at Best Buy, thanks to the chain’s agreement with Solar City. The deal operates as a third-party leasing agreement, currently not allowed in states like Tennessee. Regulations, small government, etc.
• A major victory for the Obama Administration! SCOTUS upheld the EPA’s cross-state air pollution rule enacted in 2011. The vote was 6-2. As an interesting sidebar, Justice Scalia was found to have made an “epic blunder” in his dissenting opinion. I’m increasingly convinced that Scalia has descended into senility.
• Scientists in Amsterdam have figured out how the great pyramids of Egypt were built without advanced technology.
• After this week’s horrific botched execution of Clayton Lockett, Oklahoma’s top corrections official has asked the governor for an indefinite stay of all executions in the state.
• Schadenfreude, Rush Limbaugh edition.
• The graduation rate at American public high schools has reached 80% for the first time.
• Another stridently anti-ObamaCare blue-collar worker now praises the law for saving his life. Stories like this strike fear in the hearts of Republicans everywhere. Suckit.
• The media’s infatuation with Alaskan harpy Sarah Palin is finally over.
• Google is cracking down on deceptive “crisis pregnancy center” advertisements.
• The leaders of the Navajo Nation voted to remove sales taxes on healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables as a way of addressing rampant diabetes and obesity among tribal members.
Good News, Tennessee Edition:
Cool video this week: this one has been making the rounds. Peter the Elephant may be a little tone deaf but he sure has great rhythm!