Well, crap. WordPress ate my earlier post where I whined about killing the blog. Whatevs.
• Researchers in Australia have made a breakthrough in curing peanut allergies.
• A 70-year-old North Carolina man has been exonerated after serving nearly 40 years of a life sentence for double murder.
• The free hand of the market has spoken and it does not like the death penalty: Ohio postpones all executions after state is unable to obtain lethal injection drugs.
• A rare Sierra Nevada red fox seen in Yosemite National Park, the first of its kind seen in the area in 100 years.
• Arkansas high school football star invites girl with genetic disorder to prom. Let’s hope this isn’t Carrie II.
• The Church of England ordained its first female bishop. Congratulations, Libby Lane.
• “Literary time capsule” now readable thanks to science: a new technique will allow scholars to read brittle papyrus rolls found in the ash of Mt. Vesuvius.
• House Republicans drop their 20-week abortion ban bill over concerns from female Republican lawmakers.
Good News, Tennessee Edition:
• Congratulations, Chelsey Davis of Pellissippi State Community College, who was invited to the State of the Union address as a guest of First Lady Michelle Obama.