In Maui, Hawaii, a man accidentally shot his brother while cleaning his handgun:
Police said the victim’s 25-year-old brother had finished cleaning his .40-caliber handgun and was racking a round in the chamber when he accidentally pressed the trigger to discharge the bullet. It went through a bedroom closet door and through an adjacent bathroom wall to strike the victim, who was standing in front of a shower stall, police said.
Police said that the man who discharged the firearm had a strong odor of liquor on his breath.
Cleaning your gun while drunk. What could be safer or more responsible?